skip content
homepage
what's new
sitemap
search
frequently asked questions
help
complaints procedure
terms and conditions
feedback form
access key details


Record details

BCC record ID:0036701000
Type of record:Monument
Summary:Historical records of medieval St Nicholas manor
Grid Reference:SP 79600 01800
Parish:

BLEDLOW-CUM-SAUNDERTON, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

Monument type(s)

  • MANOR (Medieval - 1066 AD to 1539 AD)

Associated finds: none recorded

Protected status

  • Planning Notification Area

Public access information

Is the site accessible to the public?No
Is the site visible from a public viewpoint?Unclassified

Full description

THERE WERE ORIGINALLY 2 MANORS & CHURCHES, UNITED C.1457 (B2-4).
IN 1086 A 2ND MANOR, LATER KNOWN AS SAUNDERTON ST NICHOLAS, WAS HELD BY MILES CRISPIN. IT BELONGED TO HONOUR OF WALLINGFORD, LATER EWELME. BEFORE 1459 IT HAD PASSED TO JOHN BRECKNOCK & FROM THIS DATE DESCENDED WITH SAUNDERTON ST MARY (B4).

Sources and further reading

<2>Bibliographic reference: LANGLEY T 1797 HISTORY & ANTIQUITIES OF THE HUNDRE D OF DESBOROUGH PP372, 378.
<3>Bibliographic reference: ALLCROFT A HADRIAN 1908 EARTHWORK OF ENGLAND PP476 -477, 483 & FIG 165.
<4>Bibliographic reference: VCH BUCKS 3 PP93-94.

Associated excavations and fieldwork: none recorded

Related monuments

Reports

No image caption available  © Buckinghamshire County Council

No image caption available © Buckinghamshire County Council