skip content
homepage
what's new
sitemap
search
frequently asked questions
help
complaints procedure
terms and conditions
feedback form
access key details


Record details

BCC record ID:0556100000
Type of record:Monument
Summary:Original seventeenth century Baptist Chapel, the Upper Meeting-House, was replaced by the present building in the eighteenth century which has since been altered
Grid Reference:SU 95565 97200
Parish:

AMERSHAM, Chiltern, Buckinghamshire

Monument type(s)

  • GENERAL BAPTIST CHAPEL (17th Century to Modern - 1600 AD to 1999 AD)

Associated finds: none recorded

Public access information

Is the site accessible to the public?No
Is the site visible from a public viewpoint?Unclassified

Full description

Plan Form - RECTANGULAR
BAPTIST CHAPEL (GENERAL) AND BURIAL GROUND (SEE01:000) AT NGR (B1). 1676 SITE BOUGHT AS BURIAL GROUND. MEETING-HOUSE ERECTED, OPENED 1677. 1779 EXISTING BUILDING ERECTED ON SAME SITE-FLEMISH BOND BRICKWORK. STANDS SW OF LOWER MEETING HOUSE. NOW A PRIVATE HOUSE, ALTERATION SINCE 1967 (MORE) (B2).

Sources and further reading

---Bibliographic reference: Christopher Stell (RCHME). 1986. Nonconformist Chapels and Meeting-houses: Buckinghamshire. pp1, 2-3
<1>Map: OS 1876 1ST EDITION 1:2500 MAP.

Associated excavations and fieldwork: none recorded

Related monuments

Reports

No image caption available  © Buckinghamshire County Council

No image caption available © Buckinghamshire County Council