skip content
homepage
what's new
sitemap
search
frequently asked questions
help
complaints procedure
terms and conditions
feedback form
access key details


Record details

BCC record ID:1290200000
Type of record:Building
Summary:Nineteenth century church at Bledlow Ridge, built in 1868.
Grid Reference:SU 79752 97744
Parish:

BLEDLOW-CUM-SAUNDERTON, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

Monument type(s)

  • ANGLICAN CHURCH (Built 1868 19th Century - 1800 AD to 1899 AD)

Associated finds: none recorded

Protected status

  • Listed Building

Public access information

Is the site accessible to the public?Occasionally
Is the site visible from a public viewpoint?Yes

Full description

Grade II. Church. 1868. Flint with stone dressings and slate roofs. Nave, S. porch, chancel, N. vestry. Off-set buttresses. Nave has 3-light traceried window to W., and 5 bays of lancets to N. and S. Gabled S. porch to second bay has double-chamfered arch and carved head label stops. Bell-turret with cusped wooden arches and spirelet at W. end of nave. Chancel has 2 bays of cusped lancets and a 3-light traceried E. window. Both E. and W. windows have hoodmoulds with carved head stops. Another cusped lancet in E. wall of vestry. Whitewashed interior with simply moulded chancel arch on triple shaft corbels. Nave has arch-braced roof trusses, chancel scissor trusses. Late C19 glass in E. window; W. window designed by John Piper and made by Patrick Reyntiens 1968 (B1).

Sources and further reading

<1>Bibliographic reference: DoE. 1985. List of Buildings of Special Architectural or Historic Interest: Buckinghamshire: Wycombe District: Parishes of Bledlow &C. p3

Associated excavations and fieldwork: none recorded

Related monuments: none