skip content
homepage
what's new
sitemap
search
frequently asked questions
help
complaints procedure
terms and conditions
feedback form
access key details


Record details

BCC record ID:0181701000
Type of record:Building
Summary:Parts of medieval to sixteenth century manor house incorporated into eighteenth century vicarage
Grid Reference:SU 78670 86520
Parish:

HAMBLEDEN, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

Monument type(s)

  • MANOR HOUSE (Medieval to 16th Century - 1066 AD to 1599 AD)

Associated finds: none recorded

Protected status

  • Listed Building

Public access information

Is the site accessible to the public?No
Is the site visible from a public viewpoint?Yes

Full description

OLD MANOR HOUSE (PRE-1604) PARTLY INCORPORATED INTO PRESENT RECTORY (B1-2). FLINT & BRICK WING AT S END OF RECTORY OLDER THAN FRONT (B3-4). WHEN RECTORY BUILT 1724, KITCHEN, SCULLERY & PANTRY WERE INCORPORATED PARTS OF OLD MANOR (B5). RECTORY NOW KNOWN AS KENRICKS, AT NGR (B4).

Sources and further reading

<1>Bibliographic reference: VCH BUCKS 3 PP45-46,47-49,53.
<2>Bibliographic reference: LANGLEY T 1797 HISTORY & ANTIQUITIES OF HUNDRED OF DESBOROUGH PP238-240.
<3>Bibliographic reference: DOE 1985 LIST OF BUILDINGS OF SPECIAL ARCHITECTURA L OR HISTORIC INTEREST, BUCKS; 6/99.
<4>Bibliographic reference: OS RECORD CARD SU 78 NE 31 (FILED).
<5>Bibliographic reference: COLVIN H M 1947 ARCHITECTURAL HISTORY OR MARLOW & ITS NEIGHBOURHOOD, RECSOFBUCKS15P7"".

Associated excavations and fieldwork: none recorded

Related monuments

Reports

No image caption available  © Buckinghamshire County Council

No image caption available © Buckinghamshire County Council