skip content
homepage
what's new
sitemap
search
frequently asked questions
help
complaints procedure
terms and conditions
feedback form
access key details


Record details

BCC record ID:0204900000
Type of record:Monument
Summary:Fourteenth to sixteenth century records of chantry chapel
Grid Reference:SU 78900 99200
Parish:

BLEDLOW-CUM-SAUNDERTON, Wycombe, Buckinghamshire

Monument type(s)

Associated finds: none recorded

Public access information

Is the site accessible to the public?No
Is the site visible from a public viewpoint?Unclassified

Full description

ANCIENT CHANTRY CHAPEL FORMERLY STOOD AT BLEDLOW RIDGE WHICH CAME INTO THE KING'S HANDS AT START OF ED. VI'S REIGN. 1341 JAMES FRESEL LEFT #20 FOR COVE RING CHAPEL OF ST MARGARET AT BLEDLOW WITH LEAD. 1590 CHAPEL & CLOSE GRANTED, PROB DISUSED.(BI1-2). 'CHAPEL CLOSE', AT NGR COULD BE SITE.(BI3)

Sources and further reading

<1>Bibliographic reference: LIPSCOMB 2 P122.
<2>Bibliographic reference: VCH BUCKS 2 P252.
<3>Map: MRS M COOPER, MRS Y PARMINTER & M E FARLEY, JUNE 1 974, FROM BLEDLOW INCLOSURE MAP, 1812 (IN B.R.O, .

Associated excavations and fieldwork: none recorded

Related monuments: none

Reports

No image caption available  © Buckinghamshire County Council

No image caption available © Buckinghamshire County Council